I love a nice tasty fish dish! Fish is so easy to use in so many dishes. This lovely dish is perfect now when it’s cold outdoors. A perfect snuggle up in the sofa with a nice movie on.
Kali Ikan – Fish and potato Curry
- 2 tablespoons sliced ginger
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric
- 2 stock lemongrass sliced
- 1 chili
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 kefir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 500 ml water
- 400 g small potatoes cut in half’s
- 1 big can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lime juice
- 0,5 kg white fish cut in big pieces
- 300 ml peas, green beans or pak choy
- Samual oelek or chili paste
Mix ginger, lemongrass, onion and turmeric in a food processor until it becomes a paste.
Heat the oil in a medium hot pan. Add the paste and stir constantly for 4 minutes.
Add the water and potatoes. Boiling under a lid for about 15 minutes. Remove the lid.
Let it simmer a couple of minutes. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice. Add the chili paste and taste it so you get your heat on the dish that you like.
Place the fish in the coconut sauce. Simmer it for about 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for 3 – 4 minutes more.
Serve the dish with rice.