I can’t think of anything more warm welcoming as this spiced apple cake. Specially in a cold day like today. Quick to make too. And I promise you will not be able to stop eating it, until the plate is empty. with the two layers of apples makes it totally amazing.
I’m not a person who like sweet things normally. But this apple cake with the rich spices isn’t sweet but lots of flavours.
🍏 Soft spiced apple cake 🍎
- 150 g soft butter
- 150 g soft light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g flour
- 1,5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0,5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon mixed spices (look in English shops or use gingerbread spice mix)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 peeled apples cut into cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar to sprinkle
Beat the butter and sugar light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and beating it well.
Add all dry ingredients. Stir the batter until it’s smooth. Spoon the 3/4 of the batter into a prepared tin and half of the apples. Cover them with the rest of the batter. Sprinkle over the rest of the apples on the top. Lightly pat then. Sprinkle with the sugar.
Bake 35-45 minutes in 180c.
Enjoy 🍎 😊🍏