This blog is dedicated to all things food and aims to encourage creativity with one’s cooking. While initially having started as a personal blog, it has increasingly evolved into a family project. Maria started Dinner Bank in 2013 with the main goal of sharing her love of food from all around the world. Then at the end of 2016, two of her daughters joined the blog to contribute with some other recipes for the blog. All three are now involved with the blog and it is a nice project they all share, despite being situated in three different cities.
Please have a look around the blog and please do rate, share and comment on our recipes. While inspiration comes from everywhere, Dinner Bank exist to bring to you original and traditional recipes from all corners of the globe and to suit a variety of tastes.
A little bit about us
I have always, in my whole life, been interested in food. Cooked my first dish at age 6. For me it is always a relaxation to stand at the stove. My dream is to work with food in any way possible as it gives me so much joy. I have been a food demonastrator for a while and I am now doing some occasional catering jobs.
So I think it is fair to say that I am a food nerd and I hope this comes out through the blog. And please have patience with my English as it isn’t my first language.
- My food philosophy: less is more
- Favourite kitchen item: spices, especially pepper
- Favourite tool: Kitchen Aid, Buyer pans and sharp knives
- Big No-No: Purchased prepared foods
- Favourite colour: Green
Due to mum’s love of cooking, my introduction to it was perhaps a bit later than one would expect. It was not until I moved away to start university that I began to seriously cook my own meals and needless to say, it was a steep learning curve. So in many ways I’m still learning to cook but it is quite an enjoyable ride.
- My food philosophy: You only live once so eat what you enjoy and there is nothing wrong with making sure that your food is nutritional and healthy but balance between the two is key.
- Favourite kitchen item: Any of my three espresso machines
- Favourite tool: A good frying pan
- Big No-No: Clean eating and other food trends that seem to do very little beyond promoting destructive eating patterns.
- Favourite colour: Red
Salmon and goat’s cheese have to be two of my favourite things in the world but I have yet to fully incorporate both in one dish. Maybe one of these days! I’m quite interested in fitness and healthy food as I’m trying my best to be healthy while indulging in the things I truly love.
- My food philosophy: Healthy food is amazing, but once in a while you want a burger. And vegetables are great!
- Favourite kitchen item: Cinnamon – there can never be too much cinnamon.
- Favourite tool: A really nice blender
- Big No-No: Adding too few spices to a meal. It is never as nice.
- Favourite colour: Yellow
Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us.